Monday, April 18, 2011

easter baskets.

Toddlers and Easter baskets. I said I was going to wait until Easter Eve, but that didn't make sense if you needed an idea or two for your little creatures Easter baskets.
If you have toddlers did you have an issue with this like me? We don't do candy for Emma at our house. She didn't have her first piece of candy until Halloween, and that was one Reese's cup. Then, she didn't have candy again until January. She loves being able to have a "treat" which she gets when we do movie nights. And those are pretty far and few between.
Back to my point. When you hear Easter you think candy and chocolate. But not at our house :)
I filled Emma's bucket for UNDER $10. I spent a little more on Declan's, but like I've mentioned, they don't make baby stuff for a dollar.

So, looking for ideas for toddler Easter baskets, here ya go.


I splurged and got the kids these buckets, from Target. They were $5.
They're' cute and well worth the money.


Because Emma is all that is girl, a 'pretty' (bracelet) and a compact.
$1 each.


I loved gardening with my mama when I was little. I hope to pass that on to Emma.
That tool set was the most expensive thing I purchased for her bucket $2 from our PX.
The watering can ($1) is from Walmart and so are the seeds (.40cents)
The gloves and yellow planter are from the Target dollar section. ($1 each)


And because Emma LOVES to be outside.
Sidewalk chalk and bubbles. Each $1. Both from Target.


The finished product!


Her eggs will be filled with Teddy Grahams, Animal Crackers and Yogurt Raisins.


And since it is Easter.
She will get a FEW Reese's Pieces and that adorable Chick egg with Reese's
Both under $1
Now. For Declan. 


A Fisher Price toy and a baby sock monkey.
Tell me that monkey isn't adorable. Because it IS.



His ALMOST finished bucket.
I'm thinking of a few more small things, since it does look pretty sad.


This week, starting tomorrow, Emma and I will be partaking in some fun Easter things. I told you, I love holidays.
Now, everyone go make your toddlers some fun little baskets, or in my case buckets.


No comments:

Post a Comment