Saturday, April 23, 2011

eggs and cards.

I've been doing "College Algebra" for like 2 hours. I'm taking a quick little break, then back to work. I have NO desire to do homework on a holiday, I'd rather do nothing tomorrow :) Also. The inventor of the 'snuggie' (and whoever picked it up for distribution) was a freaking GENIUS! My arms are staying warm while I work. GENIUS! I should be on an infomercial.

This whole week I wanted to do lots of fun Easter things with Emma. As it turns out, that didn't happen because I'm car-less (long story, my Jeep Commander, the tank, is beyond repair, so depressed) and I couldn't go to the library. For some reason our household doesn't have a printer. Which makes ZERO sense every time I think about it, which is often. And yet, we still don't have one. I can't answer that. We don't have one because we haven't bought one. What, a predicament we're in.

ANWAY.
So, Emma and I were limited to fun little things around the house. Which isn't much since I'm not the Easter Bunny and I can't just pull Easter things out of my ass. But, we did decorate eggs and Emma made grandparents Easter cards. Emma drinks the tub water so I wasn't about to put colored dye water in front of her. And to top it off, she has the attention span, of well, a two year old. Plus, I didn't want to dye eggs, I'll be honest. But, I still hard boiled some eggs and found a way more fun way for her to decorate, thanks to my Pottery Barn Kids magazine. On the cover in one of the Easter baskets they have eggs decorated with flowers and other things, I don't remember exactly. So, I hard boiled 5 eggs. Whipped out my scrapbook stuff, some stickers, felt flowers and other flowers and the glue stick/double sided tape squares. I laid it all out for Emma and she did really well. She didn't drop an egg and they turned out great.
She also glued/stuck the flowers on blank white cards and colored in them. She was pretty much over crafts by that time, so her real Picaso work isn't obvious in the pictures ;)



her first egg all completed


this was pretty much her favorite thing


sticking flowers on her egg


the finished products. i did one of them too.

 



her cards :)





On a side note:
There was a LIZARD in my son's bed yesterday morning.
Louisiana is GROSS.


HAPPY (early) EASTER
Have a blessed day and enjoy your families!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute project! I'm very sad that there isn't an Aunt Easter card :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lizard in his bed? That is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister, sister, don't you fret ;)
    I still haven't put them in the mail.... Epic fail.

    ReplyDelete