Friday, March 25, 2011

books and a punch.

`Day 26 - A picture of someone that means a lot to you.

Gosh, this picture is forever old and set in good ol' Seattle, right before Codi's deployment.
Which reminds me, we really need family pictures done. Too bad we don't live closer to home. Elisabeth Smith Lifestyle Photography is the only person I'll trust with my memories!
Codi is my best friend. We have two of the most beautiful, intelligent and practically perfect in every way children and have survived a year long deployment.
I love him.
 
 
Now for the title of my blog for the day. Books and a punch. That pretty much summed up my day. That and a very moody, defiant, bossy little girl. Who luckily, only acted that way at home. When we were out and about she was perfect. 
SO. We had to go to the library because for some reason we don't own a printer. I'm still coming up with a reason for that. Now. In public, when people see me strolling their way with a double stroller, toddler in front, car seat in back, they avoid me like the plague. I'm a walking version of the Black Death. Unless they're old people. Old people love us. 
We strolled into the library and you should have seen the look this woman shot me. It was a glare that said, "You're bringing THEM in the LIBRARY?!" I just smiled. Like I always do when people are rude. Emma loved the library. She was quiet. She picked an Elmo Hugs book and I managed to find another Elmo book plus some poetry books to read to her. Then we made our way to the computer area. I printed what I needed to and then got two books for myself. There were so many I wanted to get. But I only have the attention span for two books. That and I never have time to read. I got a book I've read- The Blackbird House, Alice Hoffman. She's my favorite author. Then, I got a book of substance where I would learn something. I picked it straight from the nonfiction section, in the history department-(side note: I LOVE history. I would have gotten a history degree, but let's be realistic, where would I use it? Maybe one day I'll go back to school for history)- 'Hidden Power, Presidential Marriages That Shaped Our Recent History'. It's pretty good. So far I've read about Edith and Woodrow Wilson and The Roosevelts (Eleanor and Franklin). And I was quite surprised, mainly by FDR and Eleanor. Next up are the Trumans followed by the Kennedys.
I plan on reading a fiction and nonfiction book every time I go to the library. I have my eye set on a Jodi Picoult book and a book about Benjamin Franklin.
Back to the point- I got incredibly side tracked, if you're still reading, I apologize-
Emma was perfect in the library. She didn't scream or throw a fit. She sat quietly in her stroller and only dropped her books twice. She let the lady check her books out and didn't have a cow, she even said "thank you" and "bye".  The library was a success. And we got invited to story time on Tuesday mornings. At least I think it's Tuesdays, now that I think about it, I'm not sure.


 
Now. On to the punch.
We went to the park after the library since it's right across the street and we had the time. At first we were the only people there. Which I prefer, so Emma can play without older kids running around. But today, another couple showed up with their son (around Emma's age) and the mom was wearing her baby, as if it were a backpack. Which sort of annoys me, it reminds me of putting dogs in bags and that's not natural, but to each their own. Emma got so excited when that boy ran onto the playground. She chased after him yelling "WAIT!" and "BACK!". And finally, that boy turned around and I really thought he was going to play with her. Nope.
He punched her.
Right in the stomach.
She just looked at him. Then as my brother would say, she just "walked it off".
But his parents did not let that slide. Which I admit, I was afraid they were going to be like "Oh, boys will be boys" and what not. But they didn't. He got in trouble for hitting someone and then for hitting a girl. I just wish they would have apologized to me for it. We can't have everything though. They then left the playground. Emma finished playing like it never happened.

Now- I'm blogging and getting ready to read since both the babies are snug in their beds. I should have cleaned but reading is way more fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment