Saturday, March 19, 2011

five dollars and the state bird.

Codi is doing WLC, a school necessary for promotion, and has to work Monday-Saturday. So, instead of staying at the house I took the kiddos to the closest zoo. The Alexandria Zoo. It's an absurd drive, nothing for about an hour or so. Both ways. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I had someone to talk to other than Emma. I can only talk about the trees and the sky for so long.
Anyway. The Alexandria Zoo was the BEST five dollars I've ever spent. Yes, it only cost FIVE DOLLARS for all three of us to get in. Children under three are free. Adults are five big ones.
It's not a big zoo. Not by any means. No big animals, elephants, giraffes, things of that nature. But they have tons and tons of small exhibits. And a rather large Louisiana habitat. Which had a raccoon and an oppossum. Along with some of the biggest 'gators and crocodiles I've ever seen. I'm rather surprised small children aren't a part of their meal program.

While checking out their Bald Eagle exhibit I discovered something magical about Louisiana. They breed a special kind of stupid here.
10yr old boy: "I know what that is." (With a very proud sounding voice I might add)
Father: "Oh yeah, what is it?"
10yr old STUPID boy: "A bald eagle. The state bird of Louisiana."
Just as stupid father: "Yeah, you're right. Good job."
NEWS FLASH-- HE'S NOT RIGHT. AND THAT WASN'T A GOOD JOB.
Keep in mind if you walk about five feet there's a pelican exhibit. Wanna take a guess what the state bird of Louisiana is?
My children will never attend a school in the state of Louisiana.


On with our day. Emma loved it. Declan enjoyed his ride in his stroller and napped. And I had a nice time with my babies. Even though it was a freaking hot 80degrees outside. It's March. And I don't think that's a normal temperature for the month of March.





 




I would like to end with the fact that I left our air conditioner on all day because I knew it it would be hot and I wanted the house to be cool when I came home. 
When I came home I opened the front door and was welcomed by a gush of hot air.
My house was hotter inside than it was out. 

I'm fairly certain it's broken. Kind of coldish air comes out. But not cold air-conditioned air.
My hands and feet are sweating. It's gross.
I hate this house.

1 comment: