Sunday, March 6, 2011

day seven.

` a picture of your most treasured item




This elephant probably doesn't seem significant or like a treasure. But it is. 
It belonged to my Grandma Schoen. (It's pronounced "shane" not "sho-en".) 
It sat on a side table next to a small couch in her front room. It always reminded me of the elephant from the Secret Garden. I'm pretty sure that's why I loved it so much as a kid. But that's not why I love it now. 
I treasure it because it was hers. 

I love her and miss her everyday. I have little things of hers scattered across my house. A picture of roses hanging in my kitchen. This elephant in my room, right beside my bed. A candy dish and pink Easter egg in my daughters room. 

This elephant.... This elephant is completely priceless. Sadly, I it came into my possession when she passed away. However, I'm grateful that I got it. Every time I see it, I think of her. I think of good and happy things. 

1 comment: