Saturday, March 26, 2011

twenty seven

`Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.

I pick two family members, so take that thirty day challenge- which I'm almost done with!
I forgot all about my twenty first birthday. This is my mama, my brother and his freedom beard. I got the chance to know my brother while Codi was deployed. I went home and my brother was home. I hadn't lived with my brother since I was 13. So. To get to know him when we were both adults was an experience I am incredibly grateful for. He is the best Uncle to The Gremlin and the giver of The Dingo- Rinny, whom we love, she completes our family. He's the best brother anyone could ever have. I don't know if he knows that. But he should, because it's true. And the best uncle. He's the best uncle too, and I hope he knows that.
And then there's my mama. I love her. She's the very best. I regret the way I was for such a long time every day. But I am glad that it brought us closer together. She's the best mama and the best Grammy. I've done a post on her- so you'll have to go read that :)
It was nice to be around both of them while Codi was gone- although it was not nice he was gone. If he had to be away, I'm glad I was able to be with them. Make sense?

1 comment: