Wednesday, March 23, 2011

twenty four.

`Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.






If you haven't noticed, I'm a little biter about where I am. See that map. See Alexandria and Lake Charles? I live in the middle of those two points, near Texas. Make sense? Now, I live near NOTHING. I miss Washington. I miss the trees. I miss the weather. I miss driving an hour to Seattle, about 20 minutes to my favorite place- Tolmie State Park, or 10 minutes to ANYTHING for that matter. I miss Indiana for the pure fact I miss my family. My daughter misses her Grammy, her "Sbeth" (Aunt Elisabeth) and her Joe. And even Hendricks County had some civilization. Sorry Indiana, I do not miss your weather!
For the record, I wouldn't mind living here if I didn't have to drive to Alexandria or Lake Charles to do it. And if it wasn't so damn hot.
If I could change something I would totally change where we live. I wish we lived closer to home. I wish we didn't live in this house where something is constantly going wrong. I wish I could do something about it.
But-- the Army doesn't care what I want or what I think.

So, I'm going to make the best out of our undetermined length of stay here in the bayou.
Sigh. Very big sigh. A very, very, very big sigh.


But on a side note. Our air conditioner has been fixed. Thank Jeebus!
Now, my hands and feet don't sweat and we aren't cranky from being so hot.
Bring on the weather Louisiana!

No comments:

Post a Comment